Week 2 - Observing the land and what lives on it
This week will look in more depth at the role and methodologies of optical EO in environmental monitoring, and will begin to introduce specific case studies of applications in areas such as deforestation and land use and water management.
- Topic 2a - Observing vegetation and mapping land use change
- Topic 2b - Wildfires and burn scarring
- Topic 2c - Biodiversity and conservation (part 1): Using satellite data to monitor biodiversity changes
- Topic 2c - Biodiversity and conservation (part 2) - pressures and threats
- Topic 2d - Monitoring protected areas, wildlife and Illegal activity
- Topic 2e - Inland water